The accounting staff uses standard accounting practices and procedures to ensure that all transactions are properly authorized and recorded, and assets are properly safeguarded, managed, and accounted for.
The Treasurer’s Office focuses on financial policies, analysis, and long-range financial planning to effectively manage the city’s financial resources and preserve the city’s long-term financial health.
- Cashiering and receipting of taxes and fees
- Greeting the public and responding to community information requests
- Managing banking services
- Preparing fee ordinance for utility rates, user charges, impact fees, etc.
- Preparing insurance endorsements
- Preparing monthly water and sewer utility billing
- Preparing payments for services, including debt services and compliance to bond covenants