CARES Act Emergency Grant Funding
CARES Act Emergency Grant Funding
As our community continues with the health and economic implications of the COVID-19 crisis, nonprofits and small business throughout Kit Carson County have sought to meet the sudden and emergency needs of our community. Continuing support for them will ensure that services are provided to support the health and well-being of our citizens.
Therefore, Kit Carson County is proud to announce the opportunity for both nonprofits and small businesses to apply for relief and receive funding, via the CARES Act, to address the COVID-19 emergency in Kit Carson County.
Application and Deadline Information
Applications must be submitted, either in person to the Kit Carson County Commissioners office at the Court House or to any Kit Carson County City Hall. We also will have the application online at Kit Carson County's website. Applications must be turned in no later than midnight on December 1, 2020. Only complete applications will be accepted, and all submissions will become the property of Kit Carson County. Receipts must be submitted for payments made with grant funds. Recipient must make all necessary information available to confirm expenditures were eligible under this grant.
Awards and Disbursement of Funds
The application committee will determine eligibility and grant award amount. Awards will depend upon the number of applicants, availability of funds, and demonstrated need. Once funding decisions are made, applicants will receive a Grant Award notification which will outline all terms and conditions of receiving the grant. Kit Carson County reserves the right to offer awards different from the specified amount requested. Funds will be sent via check, generally within two weeks after the application has been approved.
SMALL BUSINESS APPLICATION
Application for Small Businesses
The Kit Carson County Small Business Emergency Grant Fund is designed to provide a financial bridge until businesses can return to a more normal level of operation. As our community deals with the health and economic implications of the COVID-19 crisis, small businesses have been especially hard hit. Supporting our small business community is integral to creating jobs for our residents and bringing back the goods and services that provide us with the quality of life we value in Kit Carson County.
The grant program will provide funding for operating expenses such as rent or mortgage, utilities, payroll, insurance and sanitation and safety equipment. Each application will be scored based on the eligibility criteria outlined below. A total of $400,000.00 is available in the fund.
• Business must have a physical location in Kit Carson County.
• Can be a home-based business with a tax id and a business license.
• Can be a for-profit or a non-profit enterprise.
• Independently owned local business.
• Must be registered with the Colorado Secretary of State and be in good standing.
• Be current with required Kit Carson County Property Taxes.
• Businesses with more than one physical location in Kit Carson County may apply for the grant program for each unincorporated Kit Carson County location.
• Independently owned local business. Corporately owned national chains are not eligible for the grant unless you are an individually owned franchise operator with 49 or less employees total at all locations and owner is a Colorado resident.
• Has been forced to temporarily close or forced to dramatically limit operations due to the Public Health Orders related to the COVID-19 public health crisis.
• Marijuana industry business are not eligible.
• Demonstrates how funds will help business return to profitability. Note:
- Grant funds may not be used to pay Kit Carson County Property taxes.
- The CARES Act prohibits the use of grant funds to replace County revenues.
Applicants may be required to submit/show:
- Supporting documentation of your loss
- budget (submitted) demonstrates grant funds will be used to address the shortfall;
Email: Kit Carson County